Conveyor systems are useful in transporting materials from one place to another. If not for these mechanical things, we would have to manually haul things and hire workers to do it. Human labor is less efficient and not practical cost-wise. To overcome all these, commercial conveyors including truck loading conveyors are utilized in various industries such as medicine, food, transportation, and manufacturing.
Conveyors can come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Here are the basic ones:
- Slider Bed Conveyors – The slider belt conveyor type is used in applications where the chain belt can be very weak to cover the work and the steel belt is too heavy. It can handle anywhere from one to 15 tons and come with speed varying options to allow slow to fast functioning.
- MRF Sorting Lines – This kind of conveyor is a combo of the chain belt, steel belt, and the slider bed type conveyor. Its design depends on the needs of the user.
- Chain Belt Conveyors – These conveyors are also known as chain edge conveyors. They are meant to carry very high volumes of merchandise. You will find many of these used on work floors, especially in transporting waste products.
- Belt Conveyors – The flat belt conveyor is the most common type of conveyor system. These are used for transporting items within the same building or room, like a supermarket checkout counter.
- Steel Belt Conveyors – The steel belt conveyors make use of two kinds of belt designs such as steel aprons and piano hinges. These can carry very serious levels of weight, which is anywhere from 20 to 50 tons.
With conveyors, industries can enhance labor and work with the aid of efficient feeding. Aside from this, here are the many benefits of conveyors.
- They can move things and materials from one elevation to another, which saves a huge amount of time.
- They provide unlimited ways to uninterruptedly load and unload materials for an extended period.
- Automated systems use incline belts that unload materials without any need for human intervention and manual loading, resulting in no materials and time wasted.
- They enable careful control and management of the speed that materials are moved around. This affords less breakage and product losses from handling problems.
- They can move in various directions. They are designed to transport materials from opposite ends of the manufacturing process.
- They are useful if materials have to be moved in multi-level locations. Conveyors are best to transport materials all across various levels.
Almost all industries make use of conveyors every day where certain materials have to be moved, including the plastic manufacturing companies, bottling plants, recycling centers, and more. The biggest advantage of conveyor systems is the automation of the human tasks linked with transportation and manufacturing of materials. This can include tasks such as moving, loading, unloading, and feeding of certain materials. When you and your company have these requirements, then a conveyor system is surely one that you must invest in.